1. What is the range of wavelengths that human eyes can detect?
2. Approximately what is the wavelength of red light?
3. Approximately what is the wavelength of violet light?
4. What kind of a wave is light?
5. What is infra-red radiation?
6. What is ultra-violet radiation?
17.2 Dispersion and Spectra
7. What is a prism?
8. What is a spectrum?
9. What is dispersion?
10. What causes a rainbow?
11. What color is on the inside of a rainbow?
12. What color is on the outside of a rainbow?
17.4 Color Vision
13. What is the retina of the eye?
14. What are the rods and cones of an eye?
15. What is the difference between the rods and cones of an eye?
17.5 Color Addition
16. Give an example of color addition?
17. What are the additive primary colors?
18. Combining all three additive primaries yields what color?
17.6 Color Subtraction
19. Give an example of color subtraction?
20. What are the subtractive primary colors?
21. Combining all three subtractive primaries yields what color?
7.7 More on Color
22. What are hue, saturation, and lightness?
23. Why is most color printing done as a four-color process, including black?
24. Describe the colors cyan and magenta.